From: "cpaul" <inc@nospam.fastmedia.net>
To: <slug@nospam.slug.org.au>
Cc: <inc@nospam.fastmedia.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 8:36 PM
Subject: [SLUG] hd head crash = what, exactly?
:
: hlo slugsters
:
: shame i missed your last meeting with tridge!
:
: i was using smbclient to back up a windows system over my local network to
: local ext2 partition... when the copy crashed.  on reboot fsck choked and
: from then on whenever i apply power to the drive it goes click, click,
: click, click for ever until power is disconnected.  neither parted, fdisk,
: etc or the manufacturer's tools can get a hold of the disk.
:
: what did i do to deserve this :)  is there anything i can do to save a
: couple of my tax admin folders, and maybe my MH folders?
:
: help me obi-slug you're my only hope :)
:
:
:
: cpaul aka howdi, out.