[SLUG] hd head crash = what, exactly?

hlo slugsters

shame i missed your last meeting with tridge!

i was using smbclient to back up a windows system over my local network to a
local ext2 partition... when the copy crashed.  on reboot fsck choked and
from then on whenever i apply power to the drive it goes click, click,
click, click for ever until power is disconnected.  neither parted, fdisk,
etc or the manufacturer's tools can get a hold of the disk.

what did i do to deserve this :)  is there anything i can do to save a
couple of my tax admin folders, and maybe my MH folders?

help me obi-slug you're my only hope :)

cpaul aka howdi, out.