Re: [SLUG] Telstra Outages

If you happen to be on the freedom plan and a home user you can cancel your contract right now without penalty, due to the 3GB cap.

Pacific's ADSL rocks, 1.5Mb 1G download (upload traffic not counted) static IP's $170 a month.

That is all.

Matta

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:12:44AM +1000, Graeme Robinson wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Anthony Rumble wrote:
>
> > I have a perminant modem as well as ADSL.. there would be NO way I would
> > rely totally on ADSL.
>
> Me too - without the modem link I would be sunk. I will ask Telstra for
> the discount.  Actually I'm thinking of using
> these rolling outages as grounds for cancellation of my Telstra contract.
>
> There seem to be much more reliable services out there eg flow.com.au
> offers fixed IP adsl on their ATM network for about the same as telstra
> advance adsl

Matt Allen
Technical Director
Investigation Marketplace