Re: [SLUG] Telstra Outages

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Anthony Rumble wrote:

> I have a perminant modem as well as ADSL.. there would be NO way I would
> rely totally on ADSL.

Me too - without the modem link I would be sunk. I will ask Telstra for
the discount.  Actually I'm thinking of using
these rolling outages as grounds for cancellation of my Telstra contract.

There seem to be much more reliable services out there eg flow.com.au
offers fixed IP adsl on their ATM network for about the same as telstra
advance adsl