[SLUG] Mozilla Rampant

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever had the same problem.
I was tinkering with the Edit->Preferences in a rather frustrated effort to
work out why Mozilla was not connecting to the server when it suddenly reformatted itself into thick blue vertical and red horizontal bands.Four or five bands.
take the place of each border making it impossible to see descriptions or control buttons. Rather than 'rm Mozilla' & 'apt-get install mozilla', has anyone had this problem and knows how fix it ?

Adam Bogacki,
afb3@nospam.primus.com.au