Re: [SLUG] Joining SLUG Remotely

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Greg Wright wrote:

> On 29/06/2001 at 2:11 AM Anand Kumria akumria@nospam.linux.org.au [gregausit/slug]
> wrote:
>

> >> Neither have I. The plan was to have credit card thingeries going
> through
> >> Linux Australia, but we've heard poop all, and I've no idea what the
> >status
> >> of LA is at the moment anyway.
> >
> >That is because SLUG has never asked Linux Australia about it.
> >
> >You've asked me, informally, which is entirely different.
> >
> >I can not ask on SLUG's behalf because I am involved with both groups:
> >- arm's length and all that. What is in the interests of SLUG may not
> >be in the interest of LA.
> >
> >Anand
>
> I have not followed this thread, but you guys may be able to use PayPal for
> member dues etc, they now accept Australian Bank accounts, you can call me
> some time if you want me to explain how it all works or look at
> www.paypal.com

Yeah, but it still goes through US Dollars at some point.. so the money
will end up being different all the time..

Id love to use it on my site too.. except of 2 problems..

1. This US Dollar conversion issue..

2. I can't validate myself, because it doesn't seem to like my credit
card.. I've tried everything.. and it just says "Denied" every time.. My
card is fine.. Im booking stuff up on it all the time.. It's just paypal's
systems don't like it.. So.. While Id love to try it out.. I can't use
it.. and if I can't use it, theres probably lots of others who can't too..
which is kind of limiting.

I emailed their support, and they were totally unhelpfull.

--
Anthony Rumble - Managing Director
EverythingLinux.com.au - The Alternative Operating System Store