[SLUG] Debian/KDE on a funkin lappy

Hey all,

being a complete newby and having RTFMs for a few weeks... I am now sending a
general request for hand holding on multiple topics....

I've got KDE up and running fine under Potato... on my pIII 600 Acer
travelmate 734tl (128meg, 2 x 12gig)... got my head around dselect etc and on
my way to ditching M$ and Cold Fusion to get on with my work designing web
apps under Linux with PHP/apache... YAY..

but I can't get sound working (it was fine under gnome/xdm but not now under
kdm/kde)... I think i need serious hand holding with this one...

and althought ive got true type font working they aren't anti aliased...

also the whole printing thing is going way over my head...

If there is a kind sole out there who feels like nursing a newby through some
of these things please send me some tips off list (or on list if you think
its appropriate..)

cheers

Nick

ducking

PS: I know that debian/kde is not the simple path... but i figure if i can
get it working right i will have developed a clue =)