Re: [SLUG] xdvi displays RGB ! - SOLVED

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:14:23AM +1000, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> Another option, which I've found more practical in my circumstances, is
> to use pdflatex instead of latex with GV (or gnome-gv) as the viewer.
> This produces nice PDF files, if the name didn't already hint at that ;)

Yes I have looked at pdflatex and used it but for most of my work it does
not provide anything that latex/dvips doesn't provide. Though for the next
issue of the Royal Society of NSW Journal that I have just finished
typesetting I am thinking of sending it to the printers via a PDF file -
seems like the "common" printing houses these days have never heard of
PostScript.

Mike
--
The SAME WAVE keeps coming in and COLLAPSING like a rayon MUU-MUU ...

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: Mike.Lake@nospam.uts.edu.au Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.