Re: [SLUG] installing a new squid

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:19:14AM +1000, Phillipus Gunawan (mr_phillipus@nospam.yahoo.com) wrote:
> I just installing Squid in my Box. As usually, we have to type:
>
> /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -z
>
> But the 'error' message was different than before:
>
> FATAL: failed to make swap directory /usr/local/squid/cache: (13) Permission Denied

The directory MUST exist and squid must have permission to write,
if not this is the error you get. So:

mkdir /usr/local/squid/cache
chown squid.squid /usr/local/squid
chown squid.squid /usr/local/squid/cache
chmod -R 0700 /usr/local/squid

--
We're from the government, we're here to help you...

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|