Re: [SLUG] installing a new squid

* This one time, at band camp, Phillipus Gunawan said:
> I just installing Squid in my Box. As usually, we have to type:
>
> /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -z
>
> But the 'error' message was different than before:
>
> FATAL: failed to make swap directory /usr/local/squid/cache: (13) Permission Denied
>
> Anyone could help?

I'm guessing that

a)	your aren't running it as root
b)	your config files are broken

More info about your setup and config would help

Greeno
--
Greeno <tgreen@nospam.pacific.net.au>
GnuPG Key :  1024D/B5657C8B

Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
    -Alan Cox 04/05/2001