[SLUG] Naive Apache question

Hi all,
I want to trial a helpdesk program called IRM. It needs PHP support in
Apache, so I went to install php, it tells me it needs mod_so.c installed
in my apache binary (httpd). How do I add this? If it is a recompile, how
do I keep all the modules that I currently have? I don't know that I need
them but everything else is working smoothly, so don't want to change too much.
These are the compiled in modules as shown by httpd -l. if it matters this
is on RH7.

Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_env.c