Re: [SLUG] Re: jdub's apt-get/sources.list

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 12:41:30AM +1000, Ken Foskey uttered:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>

> > Galeon is now in sid, so it's commented out.
> >

> What is sid???

OK, 3 "branches" of Debian.
Potato, which is known as stable.
Woody, which is known as testing.
Sid, which is known as unstable.

From that, we can see that sid is the unstable branch of Debian.
It contains much newer packages than stable, and is updated daily, if not
more. Because of this, it can break.

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."

PGP signature