RE: [SLUG] Re: Success with X Windows, of a sort ...

Actually, the message I received when I had a closer look after sending my
last (success !!) message was

             "This xserver does not support the Shape extension.
             This is needed for Enlightenment to run.
             Your Xserver is probably too old or misconfigured"

I know I have XFree86 Version 4.0.3 installed via apt-get but but my XF86
Config is 1996 vintage.

Other uggestions I have received include

apt-get install task-x-window-System      (overkill perhaps, but it might
work)

and

dkpg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86          (a bit more targeted)

At the moment I'm just glad to have my GUI up again but I would like to fix
the anomaly sometime.
I assume that Debian potato 2.2.r2 which I initially installed used XFree86
4.0.3 - it had a much more aesthetic login.

Adam Bogacki.
afb3@nospam.primus.com.au