Re: [SLUG] Friday's meeting

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 07:51:27PM +1000, Matthew Clark wrote:
> I haven't been before and was thinking about going to the slug meeting
> on Friday with a few friends and I have a couple of quick questions.

cool, bring lots, we've got a couple of kickass talks this month :)

> The meeting is at uts, how easy is it to find the room (1.406)? Any
> pointers/hints? I have only ever been to the bar, but it looks like it
> is the same building (according to the map)? Anyway I could probably
> find it, but some tips always help especially when I don't know the
> secret knock.

yep, that building (the main building)

street level, ie. above the bar

over on the far left corner of the foyer

> Also, on the slug web site it says that the meetings starts at 6:25pm,
> but I thought I had seen a couple of mails going around mentioning
> something about 7pm??

the talks start at 7pm. we've got a Q&A session before that, and other
random announcements etc. eg. if anyone's got any new code to show off,
or found some cool new tool, that'll happen before 7

> Any thing else I should know?

bring a buck for tea and biccies during the break ;)

oh and mail <jdub+rsvp@nospam.slug.org.au> if you want to come to dinner at
BBQ King afterwards

Conrad.