Re: [SLUG] NZ proposes GST on downloaded software.[ Here next ?]

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 05:15:20PM +1000, Ben Leslie (benno@nospam.sesgroup.net) wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:

[snip]

> No you get all of it back, the GST is a *consumer* tax. Anything you buy
> for business will eventually be passed on to your customers (assuming you
> want to operate at a profit), if the government charges tax at both points
> it is double dipping. (Incidently Hanson proposed a tax that did operate
> like this although the rate was only 2% not 10%).

Point taken then and I was wrong!
Sorry to Richard Sharpe, too as I fired back to sharply.

jobst

--
Computers run on smoke, once the smoke gets out they don't work anymore.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|