RE: [SLUG] NZ proposes GST on downloaded software.[ Here next ?]

I was careful to say "possibly". You could well be right.

Adam.

-----Original Message-----
From: slug-admin@nospam.slug.org.au [mailto:slug-admin@nospam.slug.org.au]On Behalf Of
Jobst Schmalenbach
Sent: 28 June, 2001 11:07 AM
To: Slug@nospam.Slug. Org. Au
Subject: Re: [SLUG] NZ proposes GST on downloaded software.[ Here next
?]

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 12:53:38AM +1000, Adam F. Bogacki
(afb3@nospam.primus.com.au) wrote:

>  The NZ government Government is proposing to charge GST on software
> downloaded over the internet, possibly threatening the open-source model
of
> software distribution.

This is actually in FAVOUR of linux.
If companies have to pay more for software (add 10% to the purchase) they'll
start thinking and move to a more viable option(s).

...... and $0 + 10%gst = $0

jobst

--
The journey of a thousand steps begins with few hundred forgotten
necessities.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical
Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L

|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162,
Australia|