Re: [SLUG] Linux-G: Making Linux Hip Again

From the Keep Linux APolitical (KLAP) group (Don't flame me, I'm just
the messenger):

"It has come to our attention that a good many people have been using
Linux in a way that departs from it's charming and photogenic creator's
original intention to make a kick-ass terminal emulator.

"We are horrified to find that a group based in Cambridge, Massachusetts
has even built an operating system around it, with the nauseatingly
soppy, touchy-feely intention of performing some sort of social good.

"As obedient, hardworking, certified professionals I'm sure you
recognise how ludicrously inapprporiate it is to use software in this
manner.  In an effort to minimise the harm that could come from this we
are asking all groups who promote Linux to make the following small
concessions:

"In all communications, stress that Linux is an academic curiosity, not
part of a replacement for proprietary operating systems.

"When using Linux to run other software, be careful about naming
conventions: ie. you're not playing Quake, or Quake-on-Linux, you are
playing Linux.

"Distance yourself from 'political' software that often comes bundled
with Linux distributions.  Be careful not to use ls, cat, bash, etc.

"We are sure that these minimal efforts will go a great way towards
dealing with those who would cheapen and distort Linus' inspiring and
powerful philosophy of... erm..."

 Industrial Workers of the World - http://www.iww.org
-------------- Join the One Big Union! ---------------
 Software should not have owners - http://www.gnu.org