Re: [SLUG] SCP on debian

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Ken Foskey <foskey@nospam.optushome.com.au> wrote...

| I have 'apt-cache search scp' and found nothing.
|
| what is the package name?
|
| Any tips on how I find it myself?
|
| This is so I can grab a file off my main box from my Deb FW box because
| I cannot grab freeswan directly using Lynx.  I am very confused.

matth@nospam.rtfm:~% dpkg -L ssh | grep scp
/usr/bin/scp
/usr/share/man/man1/scp.1.gz

matth@nospam.rtfm:~% apt-cache show ssh | grep Filename
Filename: dists/potato/non-US/main/binary-sparc/ssh_1.2.3-9.3.deb

'ssh' is in the non-US tree, make sure you add some non-US sources to your
/etc/apt/sources.list. Personally, I use

deb http://mirror.cse.unsw.edu.au/pub/linux/debian-non-US stable/non-US \
main contrib non-free

(this probably wont work right this moment, however - the server is down)

  Matt 'Dopey' Hope                              matth@nospam.cse.unsw.edu.au
                                           www.compsoc.cse.unsw.edu.au