[SLUG] Conditional Mounts - Possible ?

Hi all,

Whilst on holidays, the Casa del Xena network is being rebuilt...  Yes, SWMBO
wants to access the server...:-)

On Xena, the workstation, I have a directory "/slave".  When I'm logged in, I
manually map this to slave:/home/jon.

I need to be able to do three things;

1. Map this directory dependant on the logged-in user (i.e. if Jill is logged
in, it's slave:/home/jill).

2. In the event that slave is either down or non-contactable, I need it to
not  to return an error - or an error that the user cannot see)

3. I need this to be automagic for any/all created users.

Jon

P.S. If your wife tells you that you need a holiday, BEWARE - she has
gardening for you to do !!!