[SLUG] [OT] Webmail as an ISP

Hi all,

As yet another casualty of one.net,  I was wondering if anyone had any
experience with webmail as both an ISP and site hoster.

I joined up with optus just to get connected, but couldn't get the site
redelegated without paying a bomb.

It seems to me that one.net were reasonably unique in that 'personal'
webspace provided as part of most unlimited plans could be used to hold
a registered domain name.  (ie www.provider.com.au/~yourname  could be
used as www.yourdomain.com.au)

Now you need to pay $20-$30 per month to host the site and another
$20-$30 per month for 'unlimited' access.

Were we just on a good thing ?
Is there someone else out there doing what one.net did ?

Andrew