[SLUG] Religious Flamewar Required - authentication

Hello,

As PCAN (http://www.cat.org.au/pcan) is finally leaving the vapourware
stage, I'm starting to have to think about the practicalities of setting
up a "digital access centre", and about doing things the Right Way(TM).

I'm reading up about NIS and LDAP, but does anybody have any practical
experiences / irrational prejudices they'd like to share about the
various distributed authentication options?  Some constraints are:

- support for multiple platforms (GNU/Linux, Windows, MacOS)
- beer-free & speech-free

Thanks,
Matthew.

 Industrial Workers of the World - http://www.iww.org