Re: [SLUG] own domainname with non-permanent connection?

Graeme Robinson wrote:

> Quoting Matt Hyne <mhyne@nospam.cisco.com>:
>
> > Another option is to config sendmail to fetch you mail using the ETRN
> > (??) command - that way, the mail will be stored on a secondary server
> > and you initiate the transfer to the primary when you are up - and list
> > mail (non TO: addressed mail) will work too.
>
> As I (perhaps wrongly) understand it to use ETRN your host has to be configured
> as primary MX host.  This raises the issue I mention below.

also, many ISPs implement port 25 blocking to prevent use of dynamic dns
to run a mail server...

i had this problem. my solution, host my domain with pair.com and have
pop boxes for each known address or forwarders to their ISP account.
everyone gets there list mail fine.

hth
marty