Re: [SLUG] own domainname with non-permanent connection?

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 04:04:14PM +1000, Graeme Robinson wrote:

> meantime another ISP hosts my domain and my mailserver is configured for
> pop collection and multidrop distribution of my domain mail.  It works
> pretty well but I've heard multidrop can get into trouble when delivering
> listmail.

That's because the envelope is lost once the message is delivered into
a mailbox.  If you can convince your ISP to insert a header with the
envelope info into each message, there's no problem.  qmail, I believe,
does it on all messages, and it's easy to do it with sendmail and
procmail.

Cheers,

John
--