Re: [SLUG] own domainname with non-permanent connection?

I know with www.dns2go.com that you can tell it to set your IP address to 0.0.0.0 when/if you go offline (regularly if you use Telstra ADSL).

Generally, a static IP addr on Telstra's ADSL network will set you back a considerable amount for little more gain - they consider this a bigpond direct service and thus charge the big bucks for the same speed etc as the standard dynamic ADSL service.

Another option is to config sendmail to fetch you mail using the ETRN (??) command - that way, the mail will be stored on a secondary server and you initiate the transfer to the primary when you are up - and list mail (non TO: addressed mail) will work too.

MAtt

(comments are mine - not Cisco's)