RE: [SLUG] Redhat Network Services

On 22-Jun-01 Terry Collins wrote:
> Hello Folks
>
> Does anyone have any boxen registered on the Red Hat network services
> and have you noticed any probes towards those boxen?
>
> I am seeing repreated probes on my firewall from tgftp.nws.noaa.gov
> (http) to ports 3507 & 3511 to my only box on the RHNS.
>
> As nothing else is registered and this is a new boxen, I am suspecting
> RH database has been hacked.

Do you happen to have a program running that checks the weather ?

-Greg

"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million
machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that
cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do
not denote a higher life form."       (New York Times, November 26, 1991)
| Greg Hosler                           i-net:  hosler@nospam.lugs.org.sg    |