Re: [SLUG] Notification of Internet Violations

Actually it is a joke but it has a more sinister twist for those SLUG members who are easily led. It is primarliy there to make people laugh at religion. Whether you are religious or not, it's aim is to do something rediculous under the supposed banner of religion. Then when you see how rediculous their claim is, you associate that rediculousness with religion.

You could imagine a similar situation where Microsoft covertly puts out a stupid claim about something under the banner of Linux and its devotees. They then send this claim to corporate decision makers who might be making a decision about whether to use Linux or not. However because they recieved this rediculous information they assume that using Linux is on a
par with stupidity. They don't want to look stupid and so they don't use Linux. See the logic? It's the association of one with the other.

It's actually almost boring that they can't come up with something more ingenious against religion. Yawn. And I'm sure that I don't need to reinforce it any further with SLUG members. Treat it with the contempt it deserves and throw it in the SPAM bin - /dev/nul.

Ben Donohue