[SLUG] Re: Kylix Comments

Wayne

> Has anyone had some real development experience with Kylix and if
> so what are your thoughts. How does it compare in functionality and
> depth to say Delphi 5. Is it as good as the marketing makes out?
> How easy is it to port delphi apps...etc

Well, I've tested it for real with two full time programmers.  Their
comments were so rude that we couldn't publish it in a UK Linux
magazine.  Many other comments have been along the lines of " Oh.....
  Kdevelop or Anjunta is so much better ".

My own opinion is that I don't really want to slate Borland for their
commercial products.  But, it's difficult to ignore the opinion of a
programmer who has been working for twenty years on all kindsa things.

Make what you will of that ?

Thanks

--
Richard