Re: [SLUG] Multiple Mice in X

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:57:14PM +1000, Crossfire wrote:

> > Does anyone have multiple mice set up in X 4.x?
>
> What you do instead is define two mouse pointers with different names,
> both as "AlwaysCore" pointers.

has anybody got this working with gpm, as well?

at the moment, i'm doing something like

    gpm -M -m /dev/input/mice -t imps2 -m /dev/psaux -t ps2 -R ms3

and then pointing my XF86Config file to /dev/gpmdata.  works well (even
supports the scroller via Z-Axis 4/5).

unfortunately, there seems to be a race condition or something in gpm.
the very first time you run it (after startup), the multiple mice work --
but only in the console.  switch to X, and your cursor stays there, dead,
no matter what you do.  gpm -k and rerun gpm, and it works perfectly.
very strange.

--
#ozone/algorithm <ozone@nospam.algorithm.com.au>          - trust.in.love.to.save