Re: [SLUG] ncpmount: option problem

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Mike Lake wrote:

> I am getting an error from ncpmount when trying to mount a Novel
> Netware server. I used to do this with the previous RedHat but
> have been unable to get it working lately.
>
> # /usr/bin/ncpmount -vo -S macho -U mikelake -A 138.12.34.567
>      /web/http/faculty/rsnsw /mnt

It's the "-vo" option that is causing the problem, not the -S.

On my version of ncpmount

dazza@nospam.fred:~ > ncpmount -vo
ncpmount: option requires an argument -- o

usage: ncpmount [options] mount-point

dazza@nospam.fred:~ >

OK, that's bad. Now, that option with -S

dazza@nospam.fred:~ > ncpmount -vo -S fred1
Unknown option `-S', ignoring it
usage: ncpmount [options] mount-point
Try `ncpmount -h' for more information
dazza@nospam.fred:~ >

Also bad

Now, excluding the -vo

dazza@nospam.fred:~ > ncpmount -S fred1
usage: ncpmount [options] mount-point
Try `ncpmount -h' for more information
dazza@nospam.fred:~ >

As you can see, different error - rightly so, since I left off half the
parameters required to do the job.

Try it without the -vo switch {which isn't valid, according to my man page
- different version than yours, though}.

Try it without and see what happens.

DaZZa