Re: [SLUG] Why does my executable [SOLUTION]

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 06:01:38PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Mike Lake">
> > but I would like to understand why one can run binaries linked against
> > this library when their executable permissions are removed.
> > I gather that what is running it is the library rather than me?

> I was going to explain, but I found that if you just run ld-linux.so.2, it
> gives a pretty good starters explanation already.

Yes I understand now. One can also man ld.so
I had tried man ld-linux.so but no results and had not yet thought to just
run it without parameters.

Thanks,
Mike
--
[Washington, D.C.] is the home of... taste for the people -- the big, the bland and the banal. -- Ada Louise Huxtable

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: Mike.Lake@nospam.uts.edu.au Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.