[SLUG] xterm problem

(pauld@nospam.netopts.com.au) wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Not too sure where exactly the problem lies, but all of a sudden my
> > terminals (xterm) no longer allow me to hold a key down to repeat
the same
> > function. e.g. deleting masses of emails in mutt or scrolling lines
in vi.

> Do you mean when you press the "d" key and ddddddddddddddddddddd would
> show up in the terminal?
>
> see `man kbdrate` or just do (the fastest)
>
>  kbdrate -r 30

No more like I hit and hold "d" and I get d. Nothing else unless I hold
the
key again.

--

-Paul de Kievit

NetOptions
Ph:  (07) 3844 1888
Fax: (07) 3844 4155

This email contains confidential information intended for the use of the
addressee named above.

use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this email or the
contained information is strictly prohibited by law.

If you have received this email in error, please delete and destroy all
copies and telephone NetOptions Pty Ltd on (07) 3844 1888.

Except as required by law, NetOptions Pty Ltd does not represent,
warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this email has been
maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus,
interception or interference.