Re: [SLUG] xterm problem

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:18:25AM +1000, pauld@nospam.netopts.com.au (pauld@nospam.netopts.com.au) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Not too sure where exactly the problem lies, but all of a sudden my
> terminals (xterm) no longer allow me to hold a key down to repeat the same
> function. e.g. deleting masses of emails in mutt or scrolling lines in vi.

Do you mean when you press the "d" key and ddddddddddddddddddddd would
show up in the terminal?

see `man kbdrate` or just do (the fastest)

 kbdrate -r 30

jhs

--
'I will go to Korea.' - Dwight D Eisenhower.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|