[SLUG] /etc/X11/X is not executable

Hi,

when I executed your instructions (as root)

>cd /etc/X11
>ln -s ../../usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 X

and then tried to start 'X' via 'startx'

I received the message

/etc/X11/X is not executable, giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error

When I carried out (ta ... Tony Green)

Eora:/etc/X11# ls -ltr /etc/X11/X

I received

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jun 15 23:52
/etc/X11/X->../../usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86

In short, I still have no X server working, ie. no GUI.

This might motivate me to finally work on Mutt's procmailrc ... but how do I
fix X ?

Have I got the correct server ? If not, how do I find it ?

Adam.
afb3@nospam.primus.com.au

P.S. We don't _all_ have comp.sci backgrounds.