Re: [SLUG] Why does my executable [SOLUTION]

<quote who="Mike Lake">

> Now I'm not to silly as to do that

No, and I do hope that everyone realised I was joking - "please do not do
this at home, kids", etc. I should have made that more obvious in my email
too.

> but I would like to understand why one can run binaries linked against
> this library when their executable permissions are removed.

You can also run them if you mount the filesystem they are one with
'noexec'. Nothing, it seems, is perfect. :)

> I gather that what is running it is the library rather than me?

I was going to explain, but I found that if you just run ld-linux.so.2, it
gives a pretty good starters explanation already.

- Jeff

--
  "To do: Start up a a magazine dedicated to picky grammar. Call it 'Whom
                              Weekly'." - WzDD