Re: [SLUG] Why does my executable not well.....Execute!

...and then Matthew Dalton said:
> Peter Rundle wrote:
> >
> > > ldd xsnow should give you the answer to that
> >
> > On Rh7.1
> >
> >   $ ldd `which xsnow`
> >   /usr/bin/ldd: /usr/X11R6/bin/xsnow: No such file or directory
>
> This output is strange. Usually ldd will report all of the libraries
> required, with a "(not found)" appended if a library is missing.
>
> What happens if you try 'strace xsnow'?

Also try ls -l /usr/X11R6/bin/xsnow.  The above error is consistent with a
dangling symlink.

Peter
peterhardy@nospam.one.net.au
--
Granny: I'm pleased to say I don't even know what a sex object is.

Nanny:  I do.  Our Shane brought one home from foreign parts once.
                 -- (Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad)