[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[SLUG] getting a DDS3 drive to work under RedHat7.0 with an AHA7850
Trying to keep it brief, comments on this issue appreciated:
I can't get a new tape drive working on a redhat 7.0 system
bash-2.04$ sudo /bin/mt -f "/dev/nst0" tell
/dev/nst0: No such device
scsi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detected total.
- scsi host is an adaptec AHA7850 and DDS3 drive is a HP C1537A - both are
expressly supported by redhat or claim to be by the manufacturer (having
trouble getting confirmation for any HP device on redhat's hcl but that'
- my redhat system is an e-smith server gateway.
what I've tried:
- booting with Toms Root Boot and running dmesg both the host and drive are
- also tried removing all other pci hardware and putting the card in
different slots, more out of desire for thoroughness than any hope that it
would change anything (afterall if there was a conflict I presume that Toms
wouldn't see it either)
- changing scsi ID of the device.
Are there any other diagnostics I can try to confirm my theory that the
adaptec host isn't being loaded? Is there anyway to try and load manually?
Graeme Robinson email@example.com
SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
More Info: http://lists.slug.org.au/listinfo/slug