Re: [SLUG] Why does my executable not well.....Execute!

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, enterfornone wrote:

> > > On Rh7.1
> > >
> > >   $ ldd `which xsnow`
> > >   /usr/bin/ldd: /usr/X11R6/bin/xsnow: No such file or directory
> >
> > I'm assuming the binary is actually there and whatnot.  If so, this error
> > should *not* happen.  If a library is not available, it should tell you,
> but
> > this is saying that file /usr/X11R6/bin/xsnow doesn't exist.  Curious.
>
> I'm not certain, but I think you get this if (whatever version of)
> ld-linux.so is missing.

Hmm.  Disasterously incorrect error message.  Definite bug if so, but I
wouldn't put it past it.  Worth checking, although I'm not about to delete
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 to test it.  <g>  And I sure as $BADPLACE don't have any
libc5 binaries left on this system.