Re: [SLUG] insmod over modprobe.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:26:20PM +1000, DaZZa wrote:

> > Please reply to email as I'm not on the list.
>
> Am I the only one who finds this annoying and rude?

It's OK if someone does this once or twice, but any more than this I
find rude too.  I also expect to be given a valid email address when
someone asks for a reply by mail, but the last couple of times I tried
to reply to this bloke it bounced because he hadn't provided a valid
address.

> I recognise it's done occasionally in times of need - holidays etc where
> mailboxes don't want to be flooded by listmail.

True, but if you're on away on holiday and not in a position to read
your mail, then you wouldn't be asking questions on the list either.

> Is it just me?

No, but maybe I'm just being a grumpy bastard today too ;-)

Cheers,

John
--
"I think it's a beautiful day to go to the zoo and feed the ducks.
To the lions."