Re: [SLUG] [OT] Apache access_log file on Linux server

* This one time, at band camp, enterfornone said:
> > Very unlikey since apache is a web server - not a proxy server
>
> It can be a proxy server.  It's possible that it's misconfigured to allow
> anyone to use it as a proxy.  Evil people can then use it to semi
> anonymously surf the web.

Yeah - but its not out of the box (unless your distro is really fscked
up).  If someone has been hacking around without knowing what they are
doing - then yeah - anything's possible.

We need to see the logs before we can decide.
--
Greeno <tgreen@nospam.pacific.net.au>
GnuPG Key :  1024D/B5657C8B

Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
    -Alan Cox 04/05/2001