[SLUG] [OT] Apache access_log file on Linux server

I'm trying to find some documentation on what the apache access_log files are. I just assumed they logged either:

Requests for our website's page(s)
or
Requests for outside sites from inside our LAN.

There's some pretty weird stuff in there. None of these requests are for our site, and they are not sites anybody inside our LAN has requested with their browser.

So what are they??? Is it *possible* that somehow we are being used as a router and these requests are coming in through our box connected to the Internet? If so, how? I thought that I would need to specifically configure it to act as a router.

If this is some kind of serious security problem please call me on (mobile) 0403 267 120.

With Thanks,
James Buchanan