Re: [SLUG] Can hard disk behaviour be an indicator of a dodgy power supply

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 11:24:45PM +1000, Terry Collins wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with a dodgy power supply killing scsi
> hard disks?

Yes.  Poor ventilation can also be a problem.

> As the drives were all the one brand and model IBM DCAS-34330 (4Gb

My experience was similar, but the drives in question were Seagate.
Three drives of the same model failed, at about 9 month intervals.
Each time the drive was replaced under warranty, but once we replaced
the external case and PSU with a better quality model, we had no more
failures.

Cheers,

John
--