[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[SLUG] IDE disk worries
- e2fsck reports 'short read on sector blah blah' during inode scan
- also reports *lots* of messed up file alloc tables on disk
- e2fsck -c to do a bad block scan ... took about 1 hr for 2 GB (sigh)
but it reported no bad blocks
- e2fsck stalls at various points, i.e. will hang at 45.3% done for about
60 seconds, then proceed
- various apps stall for 10's of seconds before really getting going;
Apache stalls in certain scripts, then runs them through to completion;
similar with MySQL and queries
- all data, scripts, etc. seem fine.
Is it time to chuck this drive and get a new one?
BTW: does e2fsck -c write a new bad block table? If not, what is its purpose?
thnks in advance
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services Pty Limited
"This food contains absolutely no DNA"
- American food product label
SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
More Info: http://lists.slug.org.au/listinfo/slug