Re: [SLUG] [OT] web hosting?

If you don't mind dealing with the US, then I've found linuxwebhost.com
to be pretty good, and cheap.
$9.95 US p/month for 50M and about 3.5 gig bandwidth.
and everything you asked for:
cgi-bin / FP extension / 50 email / video / etc etc
and it runs Linux, so if you want to get an SSH account setup
you can get into the site/server that way aswell.

>>> Alex Salmon <alex060@nospam.optushome.com.au> 15/06/01 19:42:34 >>>
hi all

on the subject or isp's ;-)

I help manage and run a website for a small organiseation. Recently our isp went under ;-(
and we are left with a site and a domain name (.org.au) we need a new hosting and im wondering
if any or u know any good providers that are well good. our site was originaly hosted in SA
does it make a diffrence if we want to host in syd??

we need about 20mb or storge space (at least)
at least one e-mail
300-500mb bandwidth a month.
FP ext (not for me i sware ;-))
stastics etc..

if possible we would like more space (duh)
more e-mails (duh)
cgi
mabey some video streaming etc.

we have heard some good points about http://www.webcentral.com.au/
and they give us what we want for about 450-600 per year.

who else is good and cheap (or dont thay come hand in hand)

TIA

alex
ghoti