Re: [SLUG] Sendmail won't pop3 for me anymore [sigh]

Jobst Schmalenbach wrote in response to richard@nospam.cgc.com.au's
> > I've set up Sendmail 8.0.1 on a RH6.2 Server.
>
> You should (MUST) update your version of sendmail as
> you for example could be used to relay mail from other servers
> (as a spamming server). I am not sure (cant remember) but one of
> these version at a nasty security bug too and in some of the
> older once are some buffer overflow issues.
> SO UPGRADE!!

Take heed of Jobst's warning. Last month I was added to the `provisional'
MAPS Black Hole List as an IRIX box that I look after at work
(I'm not an admin person!) was running sendmail 8.0.3 which has
relaying on by default. I got used.

It got a big upgrade immediately and I was taken off the list.

Mike