Re: [SLUG] IPChains and net gaming

Runs fine with just
ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 172.29.0.0/16 -d 0.0.0.0/0 -j MASQ

even for multiple machines, i wouldnt recommend just those rules
unless you have a tight ship.

if you want to server you should only need to port map and you
should be ok. You wont be visible to broadcasts though, and you
might have problems with banning ips

Dean

ps .i use 172.29.0.0/16 for my local ips, so youll need to change
that accordingly

Crossfire wrote:

> Peter McCarthy was once rumoured to have said:
> >
> > Howdy all
> >
> > I have a problem now that I have placed my Win box behind my IP Masq-ing Linx
> > box, that being I can no longer play Team Fortress Classic !!
> > Now I expect it is just a matter of enabling some ports for IP Masq to
> > support it ? Is this correct ?  If so what needs to be done and how do I
> > determine what ports TFC needs ??
>
> Halflife uses high-port UDP.  This works fine through pretty much any
> NAT/Masq system for playing.  I wouldn't count on being able to serve
> though.  (You probably can with enough hackery, but I advise against
> it).
>
> We have Counterstrike buffs at my old workplace, and they used to play
> it though our Cisco NAT (which is pretty unintelligent).  You
> shouldn't have any problems making it work with a linux masq/nat.
>
> Just make sure you're permitting in UDP for `established connections',
> and all should be happy.
>
> C.
> --

EMAIL...
dean@nospam.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au   	   dean@nospam.bong.com.au
BONG LANS: http://www.bong.com.au     ICQ: 16867613
--
Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation