Re: [SLUG] parport_lowlevel module

   > Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:14:01 +1000
   > From: John Ferlito <johnf@nospam.inodes.org>
   > Cc: slug@nospam.slug.org.au
   >
   > On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 05:06:41PM +1000, Murray Adelman wrote:
   > > I get a message that the job is queued but the daemon cannot be open.
   > > When I read /var/log/messages I am told that modprobe cannot find a
   > > module called "parport_lowlevel".  As far as I can see looking at the
   > > sources for the kernel, there is no such module anyway.
   > >
   > You need to add something like the following to /etc/modules.conf, or
   > the appropriate place for your distro.
   >
   > alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
   >
   > if you're not running intel then it maybe something different to
   > parport_pc.

Thanks John. I couldn't find "modules.conf" so I just copied
parport_pc.o as parport_lowlewvel.o.  That solved that problem; but I
still get the message on the console:

      lpr connedct connection refused
      jobs qaueued but cannot start daemon.

And the jobs do indeed get into the queue but don't get printed.

By the way I am using Intel.

       Thanks,
		Murray