Re: [SLUG] Sendmail won't pop3 for me anymore [sigh]

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 richard@nospam.cgc.com.au wrote:

> I've set up Sendmail 8.0.1 on a RH6.2 Server.
>
> Sendmail is receiving external mails.
>
> Sendmail is also forwarding forwarding mails from a
> local client (Outlook from Win98).
>
> I can view recieved mails from the server through pine.
>
> When I try to access mail via pop3 from the a local client (Outlook from win98)
> I get the error "Unable to connect to the server (Account: 'test', POP3 Server: 'mail.cgc.com.au',
> Error Number: 0x900ccc0e);
>
> Is there something stupid that I've missed?

Have you enabled pop3/imap in /etc/inetd.conf, vis-a-vis

# Pop et al
#
# pop2 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.pop2d
# pop3 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/popper -s

Look for something like that, and remove the # marks at the start of the
line before doing

kill -HUP 1

as root

DaZZa