[SLUG] [OT] HDD upgrade on Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop

I am looking to upgrade my 10Gb HDD to 20+Gb (depending on cost) soon.

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop which I know from the last Slug meeting
that at least one person has.

The system is an Ultra-ATA interface.  I have seen IBM Travelstar for a
reasonable price ~$360 for 20Gb (this is a laptop) and Hitachi also seems to
be 'popular' but seem to be about ~$500.

Talking to Dell (eventually) they are offering 20Gb for the Bargain price of
only $1100!!!!  Maybe there's a good reason?!??

By the way, is there a SLUG list for this sort of thing??

TIA.

*  Simon J.P. Wong      <SJPWong@nospam.bigfoot.com>  *
*  "Well begun is half done." - Aristotle      *