Re: [SLUG] Using fget() with shell line editing

This one time, at band camp, Andy Eager said:
>Does anyone know if it's possible to have the up/down arrow keys return
>previous line entries (like it does in the shell) using fgets() or the
>like ?

Use GNU readline.  It lets you do the up/downarrow history thing, full
history editing, lots of classy features.

erm, I don't have an url, i just apt-get install libreadline-dev and the
docs go into /usr/share/doc/libreadline-dev :)

Try google, or looking around on www.gnu.org

--
jaq@nospam.spacepants.org                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting