[SLUG] What format to use for CDROM's for Linux?

Hi All,

The Cave Radio and Electronics Group is going to be
burning a CDROM of all back issues of their Journal
and will prob be using PDF and maybe some HTML.
I want to make sure that when they make it it will
work under my Linux.

I know that some CDROMs that I have dont work properly
under Linux/UNIX as the links in HTML don't work except
under Windows but some do.

I have heard of Rock-Ridge extensions and there are
others but I am not familiar with them.
Whats the filesystem that CDROMs can be burnt with so
that they are usable under all operating
systems - Mac/Win/Lin. What filesystems aren't UNIX
friendly?

Mike